Heads up, drivers! Arizona Department of Transportation crews are continuing to assist the city of Tempe with a water line break that has closed the roadway for about two weeks now.
They expect the US 60 to reopen sometime early next week.
. @Tempegov contractors made significant progress w/concrete paving overnight on US 60 near McClintock Dr. We're working with Tempe & others to complete necessary work to reopen WB US 60 by early next week. Thx for support & patience as we partner w/Tempe on this major challenge. pic.twitter.com/BNT1C0jXVA— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) May 20, 2022
On their website, they listed additional closures, restrictions, and alternate options for weekend drivers:
- Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed between Loop 101 and McClintock Drive at this time for city of Tempe pavement repair work (May 7 water line break).
- Detours: Consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes. Westbound US 60 traffic will be detoured to north- or southbound Loop 101. Northbound Loop 101 traffic can detour on westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to approach Sky Harbor Airport or downtown Phoenix area. Traffic detouring to southbound Loop 101 can use westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to connect with I-10 in the Chandler area. Closure is in place until Tempe’s freeway repair work can be completed (date to be provided as soon as possible).
- Eastbound I-10 closed between Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) and 19th Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 23) for pavement improvement project. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound I-10 at the “Stack” interchange closed. Northbound Loop 202 ramps (including HOV ramp) to eastbound I-10 closed. Eastbound I-10 HOV on-ramp at 79th Avenue closed.
- Detour: Eastbound I-10 traffic can detour to southbound Loop 202 and use alternate routes. Drivers also can consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes including eastbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street. Note: Westbound I-10 ramp to southbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) closed from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday (May 22) for maintenance. Drivers can consider using the westbound I-10 HOV lane ramp to southbound Loop 202.
- Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed overnight between Goldfield and Meridian roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (May 21) for pavement sealing.
- Detour: Alternate routes include eastbound Baseline Road or Apache Trail to Meridian Road to return to westbound US 60.
- Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed overnight between Meridian and Goldfield roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday (May 22) for pavement sealing.
- Detour: Alternate routes include eastbound Baseline Road or Apache Trail to Goldfield Road to return to eastbound US 60.
- Greenway Road closed in both directions approaching I-17 from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 23) for regional drainage system project. All I-17 on- and off-ramps at Greenway Road closed. Plan on frontage road closures in the area.
- Detours: Consider using Bell or Cactus roads as alternate east-west routes. Drivers can use 19th or 35th avenues as north-south routes in the area.
- Eastbound I-10 narrowed to three lanes near Ray Rd from 3 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (May 21) for I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Ray Road and off-ramp at Chandler Boulevard closed.
- Detour: Please allow extra travel time and consider using other nearby ramps. Note: Eastbound I-10 on-ramp from northbound 40th Street closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (May 23) for improvement project. Alternate routes include the eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Broadway Road.