Expect improvement project closures or restrictions on parts of Loop 101, Loop 202 Santan and I-17 this weekend (October 2-5), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory as it appears on the official site:
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Tatum Boulevard and Cave Creek Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 5) for widening project. Plan on heavy traffic and delays. Tatum Boulevard also closed in both directions at Loop 101. Northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 closed.
- Detour: Consider alternate routes. Traffic can detour via westbound Deer Valley Drive to southbound Cave Creek Road or via westbound Union Hills Drive to northbound Seventh Street. Local drivers also can consider using 56th Street while Tatum Boulevard is closed.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Rio Salado Parkway and Baseline Road from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 5) for lane striping. Both Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed. Both US 60 (Superstition Freeway) ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed. Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at McKellips Road closed. Eastbound US 60 on-ramp at Rural Road closed.
- Detour: Southbound Loop 101 traffic can detour to Loop 202 before using southbound routes including Dobson Road and Rural Road. Southbound Loop 101 drivers also can exit at Rio Salado Parkway and use southbound Price frontage road. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) narrowed to HOV lane between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and Interstate 10 in the Chandler area from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 5) for pavement improvements. Both westbound Loop 202 primary ramps to I-10 (both directions) closed but the westbound HOV lane ramp to westbound I-10 will remain open. Westbound Loop 202 primary ramp to northbound Loop 101 closed but the westbound HOV lane ramp to northbound Loop 101 will remain open. Expect heavy traffic and delays. Westbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Alma School and Price roads, McClintock Drive and Kyrene Road closed. Westbound Loop 202 off-ramps at Dobson and Kyrene roads closed.
- Detour: Alternate routes include westbound Chandler Boulevard.
- Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed intermittently in both directions near Lindsay Road from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday (Oct. 4) for SRP utility work. Plan for closures lasting up to 15 minutes each time.
- Detour: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared for slowing or stopped traffic.
- Northbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Happy Valley Road closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Tuesday (Oct. 6) for interchange reconstruction project.
- Detour: Consider exiting at Deer Valley or Jomax roads.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend.