Expect closures and restrictions on parts of Loop 101, I-17 and Loop 202 South Mountain this weekend (August 28-31) for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, as it appears on the official website:
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Cave Creek Road and Tatum Boulevard from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 31) for widening project. All northbound SR 51 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 closed. Cave Creek Road closed in both directions at Loop 101.
- Detour: Eastbound Loop 101 drivers can consider exiting ahead of Cave Creek Road and using alternate routes, including eastbound Union Hills Drive to northbound Tatum Boulevard, to access Loop 101.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) narrowed to three lanes between Rio Salado Parkway and US 60 (Superstition Freeway) from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 31) for pavement improvements. Southbound Loop 101 on- and off-ramps between University Drive and Southern Avenue closed. Both Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed. Both US 60 (Superstition Freeway) ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed.
- Detour: Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes including the southbound Price frontage road, Dobson Road or McClintock Drive.
- Northbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) narrowed to one lane between Buckeye Road and Van Buren Street from midnight to noon Saturday (Aug. 29) for lane striping. Northbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Lower Buckeye and Buckeye roads closed.
- Detour: Please allow extra travel time and use caution when approaching and traveling through work zone.
- Peoria Avenue closed in both directions approaching I-17 (between 25th Avenue and 27th Drive) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 31) for storm drain construction. All I-17 on- and off-ramps at Peoria Ave closed. Plan on I-17 frontage road closures in the area.
- Detour: Drivers can exit or enter I-17 via Dunlap Avenue or Cactus Road and use 19th or 35th avenues for north-south travel.
- Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane in both directions overnight near Happy Valley Road from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (Aug. 30-Sept. 3) for interchange construction.
- DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones. Reminder: Northbound I-17 on-ramp and southbound off-ramp at Happy Valley Road closed until mid-October for interchange reconstruction. Frontage road closures also in place near Happy Valley Road. Plan on using other area ramps.
- Reminder: Northbound I-17 on-ramp and southbound off-ramp at Happy Valley Road closed until mid-October for interchange reconstruction. Frontage road closures also in place near Happy Valley Road. Plan on using other area ramps.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!