The Arizona Department of Transportation has multiple construction projects, including the ongoing Broadway Curve project, going on this weekend that may impact your travel plans.
On their website, ADOT reported the following closures and restrictions:
- Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and Loop 202 (SuperRedTan Interchange) in the East Valley from 11:55 p.m. Friday to 11:55 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 18) for pavement sealing. Please allow extra travel time.
- Detours: Consider using eastbound Loop 202 EB (Red Mountain or Santan freeways) or eastbound Baseline Road and Southern Avenue as alternate routes.
- Note: Crews will reopen eastbound US 60 in segments as the pavement sealing work progresses on Saturday. Closure times listed are approximate and subject to adjustment.
- Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed between Loop 202 (SuperRedTan Interchange) and Loop 101 (Price Freeway) in the East Valley from 11:55 p.m. Saturday to 11:55 p.m. Sunday (Sept. 19) for pavement sealing. Please allow extra travel time.
- Detours: Consider using westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain or Santan freeways) or westbound Southern Avenue and Baseline Road as alternate routes.
- Note: Crews will reopen westbound US 60 in segments as work progresses on Sunday. Closure times listed are approximate and subject to adjustment.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Pima Road/Princess Drive and Tatum Boulevard from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 20) for widening project. Northbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Raintree Drive and Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard also closed. Allow extra travel time and expect heavy traffic.
- Note: Drivers planning to use Loop 101 to travel to Sunday’s Cardinals game should consider alternate routes to avoid delays.
- Detours: East Valley drivers can consider using westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) in the Tempe area to northbound State Route 51 in Phoenix to avoid the Loop 101 closure. Northbound Loop 101 drivers should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes including westbound Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard/Bell Road to northbound State Route 51.
- East- and westbound Interstate 10 ramps to northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 19) for pavement improvement project. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at 83rd Avenue closed. Please allow extra travel time.
- Detour: Drivers can exit ahead of either of the ramp closures and detour on local streets.
- Note: These ramp closures will end by early Sunday morning in advance of Arizona Cardinals game day traffic.
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed between Seventh Avenue and Seventh Street from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Tuesday nights (Sept. 19-21) for work on the new freeway bridge over Central Avenue south of downtown Phoenix.
- Detour: Consider using eastbound I-10 through the downtown Phoenix area to avoid the I-17 closure.
- Southbound State Route 143 (Hohokam Expressway) narrowed to one lane between University Drive and I-10 from 3 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 18) for improvement project.
- Detour: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching the work zone.