A father of three was gunned down during a drive-by shooting last month. Now, Silent Witness is making a new push to find justice for the family he left behind.
"On the night of August 16, I was getting ready to lay down for bed and I got a call from my son—that my oldest son had got shot," Joan Sanders-McElroy said.
Sanders-McElroy walks through the timeline of events of that tragic day; a timeline now forever etched in this mother's mind.
The play-by-play goes over how she learned her son, 29-year-old Maurice Sanders was dead, murdered near 51st and Southern avenues.
"My son was a good son," Sanders-McElroy said. He wasn't a bad person."
Sanders' killer has only been described as a black male with a round face. It is believed that he was driving a newer silver or grey Chevy Suburban.
"I just feel that it's messed up for people to go out and do stuff like this," Sanders-McElroy said.
Sanders was not just a son, but he was a parent himself to three children. His youngest was just one year old.
Victoria Baker, the victim's fiance and mother of their children, said this has been very difficult to explain to the young kids.
"They are asking me, 'Why would someone do this horrible thing to dad?' and I can't answer that for them," Baker said.
Through the tears, this family is begging that the killer to come forward.
"Taking innocent people's lives and then you want to hide," Sanders-McElory said. "You have to hunt for them for years and months just to bring them to justice."
If her son's shooter will not step up like she wants, she is hoping the public will.
"I just want y'all to help us," Sanders-McElroy said. "Please help me find out who took my son away from us."
Silent Witness is offering up to a $1,000 reward for information on Sanders' murder.