The Great Dane hot dog house on 7th Street near Bethany Home Road closed up shop after more than three decades in business.
According to a statement on the restaurant's Facebook page, the building lease was not renewed. But don't count them out just yet. The post goes on to read:
Thank you for being such wonderful customers, friends, and in some ways extended family! We appreciate being a part of your life and look forward to that continuing. Even in this sad time we are happy to share that we are currently looking for a new space to open up again - So be sure to keep an eye on our page for updates!
With love, The Rigoli's, Theresa Wiesner, and Malena Romero
Here's a list of recently shuttered Valley restaurants:
- The Great Dane 6219 N 7th St., Phoenix
- Gyro House 10652 N 32nd St., Phoenix
- Juliobertos Mexican Restaurant 3218 E McDowell Rd., Phoenix
- Eliana's Restaurant 1627 N 24th St., Phoenix
- Iss' Magic Mixes 1941 W Guadalupe Rd., Ste. 118 Mesa (Closed cafe, but continues to sell online.)
- Elephant Bar Restaurant 3405 W Chandler Blvd., Chandler
- Rare Earth Pizza and Wine Bar 28190 N Alma School Pkwy., Scottsdale
- Qdoba 12005 N Tatum Blvd., Phoenix
- Bink's 6107 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale
- Vivo Ristorante 6560 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale