A local grocery store said 'adios' to its dated digs by revamping its interior.
The Food City grocery store on Baseline Road and Hardy Drive is holding a grand reopening fiesta on Wednesday, August 31. The celebration is to get the customers familiar with the new layout and services offered.
There will be food sampling and a live Mariachi band in the morning. Plus, the first 300 customers receive a free reusable Food City-branded bag packed with various groceries and goodies. There will also be giveaways throughout the day.
According to a release from Food City, customers can expect several new services and amenities, including:
- An expanded restaurant deli that offers tasty "grab and go" meals
- An Aguas Frescas station that will feature drinks flavored with fruit
- An improved "Carnaval de Frescura" section that will showcase new produce areas stocked with the freshest fruits and vegetables in the Valley
- A Mexican Bakery that creates delicious desserts such as pan dulce and specialty cake flavors from scratch, including piña colada, cappuccino, dulce de leche, cookies and cream, chocolate delight, strawberry cream, and fresh fruit
- An updated Carnicería that offers a wide range of meat cuts, free marinades, and an expanded seafood selection
- A variety of queso fresco that provides a refreshing and creamy flavor to salads, grilled vegetables, enchiladas and huevos rancheros.
IF YOU GO: 725 W. Baseline Rd, Tempe (Corner of Baseline Road and Hardy Drive)