PHOENIX — A little bit of Paris right here in Arizona! All it took was one trip to Paris for two school teachers to quit their jobs and open GenuWine Arizona Wine Bar; a self-serve wine bar that highlights Arizona wines!
Watch the video above to see the wine vending machine at work!
Co-owners Emily Rieve and Lindsey Schoenemann are not only best friends, but they used to both be 7th-grade math and science teachers in Gilbert. They loved teaching, but they wanted to funnel all of their passion into a new project. A couple of years ago, Emily and her husband went to France. While they were across the pond, Emily saw a self-serve wine tasting and the rest is history. A year a half later in January 2018, GenuWine Arizona officially opened their doors.
All of the fun accouterments:
- GenuWine Arizona rotates in a new bottle every week.
- Sign up for their wine club to receive two bottles of wine plus local food products every month.
- Build your own charcuterie board at any time.
- Monday nights are trivia night.
- Comedy night every other Tuesday.
- Every First Friday, they host a local winery.
- Other unique activities: Paint nights, book club, and cheese-making classes!