Three freeways will shut down this weekend, June 28 - July 1, for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Expect delays on I-10, Loop 101 and I-17.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include westbound and southbound Loop 101 in the West Valley. Traffic exiting at 51st Avenue can detour along the westbound I-10 access road or use McDowell Road to travel beyond the closure. Expect heavy delays near the work zone.
- Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Cave Creek Road and Tatum Boulevard will be closed, as will the northbound SR 51 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 and the northbound SR 51 on-ramp at Union Hills Drive. The northbound SR 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 will be open. Expect heavy eastbound Loop 101 traffic approaching SR 51.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include exiting eastbound Loop 101 to southbound Cave Creek Road and taking Bell Road east beyond the closure.
- DETOUR: Northbound I-17 traffic will detour along the ramps and roundabout at Happy Valley Road. Alternate routes include exiting I-17 to eastbound Pinnacle Peak Road and taking 19th Avenue north to westbound Jomax Road.
- Westbound US 60 ramp to eastbound I-10 (toward Tucson) will be closed, as will the westbound US 60 HOV ramp to westbound I-10. Please allow extra travel time. DETOUR: Westbound US 60 drivers can connect to eastbound I-10 by exiting to southbound Mill Avenue or southbound Priest Drive and using westbound Baseline Road.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include Seventh Avenue. Expect heavier traffic at times due to the nearby eastbound Loop 101 closure between State Route 51 and 56th Street.
- DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time, use caution in work zones and plan on using ramps at nearby interchanges.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!