PHOENIX – Freeway improvement projects will require closures along sections of Interstate 10, Loop 101 (Pima and Price freeways) and Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in the Phoenix area this weekend (July 19-22), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers should allow extra travel time, consider alternate routes and focus on safe driving while the following restrictions are in place:
- DETOUR: Expect heavy traffic and delays. Please consider alternate routes including westbound and southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley. Local detour routes include westbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street.
- Note: Westbound I-10 drivers in the Tucson/Casa Grande region not planning to stop in Phoenix area can avoid closure by detouring on westbound I-8 and northbound SR 85 to I-10 in Buckeye.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Seventh Avenue and Seventh Street in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 22) for bridge work as part of freeway widening project. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 also closed, as well as eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at 19th Avenue, Seventh Avenue and Beardsley Road just east of 27th Avenue.
- DETOUR:Expect heavy traffic and delays. Alternate routes include eastbound Deer Valley Road or Union Hills Drive. Eastbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at Seventh Avenue can detour along frontage road.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Warner Road and US 60 (Superstition Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 22) for freeway widening project. All northbound Loop 101 on-ramps between Chandler Boulevard and US 60 closed. Northbound Loop 101 ramps to US 60 closed. Northbound Loop 101 off-ramps at Ray and Warner roads will be open, but expect heavy delays.
- DETOUR: Traffic can detour along northbound Price frontage road. Alternate routes include northbound McClintock Drive and Dobson Road. Northbound McClintock Drive traffic can connect with westbound US 60, while northbound Dobson Road traffic can connect with eastbound US 60.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed overnight at Power Road in Mesa from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (July 20), from 9 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday (July 21) and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 22) for pavement maintenance. DETOUR: Traffic will detour along the eastbound off- and on-ramps at Power Road. Alternate routes include eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway).
- DETOUR: AZDPS troopers will slow and hold traffic for rolling closures. Nearby US 60 ramps also will be temporarily closed as needed. Alternate routes include Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway).