PHOENIX — Part of Loop 101 will close in north Phoenix this weekend, October 30 - November 2, for what the Arizona Department of Transportation is calling an ongoing widening project. Plus, there will be other lane restrictions for SR-347 and I-10.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, as it appears on the official site:
- Eastbound Loop 101 closed between I-17 and Seventh Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 2) for widening project. North- and southbound I-17 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 also closed. Eastbound Loop 101 ramps to north- and southbound I-17 will remain open. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- Detour: Consider alternate routes. Eastbound Loop 101 traffic can exit at 27th Avenue and detour along Beardsley frontage road. Local routes include eastbound Deer Valley Road or Union Hills Drive to Seventh Avenue to reach eastbound Loop 101.
- Note: Both 16th and 32nd streets closed at Loop 101 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 2). Traffic will detour on local routes.
- Westbound I-10 narrowed to one lane and eastbound I-10 narrowed to two lanes near Jimmie Kerr Boulevard in Casa Grande from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 2) for bridge maintenance. Eastbound I-8 ramp to westbound I-10 closed. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Jimmie Kerr Boulevard and westbound I-10 on-ramp at Sunland Gin Road closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- Detour: Allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones. Eastbound I-8 drivers can use eastbound I-10 before exiting to northbound Sunland Gin Road and using westbound Jimmie Kerr Boulevard to reach westbound I-10.
- Central Avenue closed in both directions at I-17 south of downtown Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 2) for bridge work. Local traffic only on Central Avenue south of Buckeye Road or north of Broadway Road.
- Detour: Consider detouring on Seventh Avenue or Seventh Street.
- State Route 347 narrowed to one lane in either direction overnight in areas between I-10 and Hathaway Avenue in Maricopa from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (Nov. 1-Dec. 24) for pavement maintenance.
- Detour: Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
- I-10 Tucson to Phoenix Advisory: Westbound I-10 narrowed to one lane overnight in areas between SR 387 (Casa Grande area) and SR 587 from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Tuesday nights (Nov. 1-3) for resurfacing.
- Detour: Expect heavy traffic and allow extra travel time.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!