Expect closures on Loop 101, Loop 202, and Loop 303, along with restrictions on other Valley freeways this weekend (June 12-15) for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Warner Road and Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 15) for diamond grinding to smooth pavement. DETOUR: Traffic can detour along southbound Price frontage road. Alternate routes include southbound McClintock Drive or Dobson Road. Note: Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) ramp to southbound Loop 101 closed from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (June 13) and from 5 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 15) for widening project.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Pima Road/Princess Drive and Hayden Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 15) for widening project. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including westbound Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard to northbound Hayden Road. Expect heavy traffic and delays. Traffic exiting at Pima Road can use westbound Princess Drive to northbound Hayden Road to reach westbound Loop 101.
- Northbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) closed between Baseline and Lower Buckeye roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 15) for rubberized asphalt paving. Northbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Elliot and Dobbins roads also closed. DETOUR: Traffic will detour on local streets. Consider alternate routes including westbound I-10 through the Tempe and downtown Phoenix areas. Westbound I-10 ramp to southbound Loop 202 also closed. Note: If this northbound closure is completed ahead of schedule, plans call for closing southbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) between I-10 and Lower Buckeye Road from 1 a.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 15) for lane striping. All I-10 ramps to southbound Loop 202 will be closed. Traffic can detour on local streets including southbound 51st Avenue.
- Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes in both directions between Avondale Boulevard and Dysart Road from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Sunday (June 14) for lane striping and other work near the Fairway Drive interchange. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones. Note: Plan for on- and off-ramp closures at the Avondale Boulevard and Dysart Road interchanges from approximately 5 p.m. Saturday to 5 p.m. Sunday (June 14).
- Northbound Loop 303 closed between Bell Road and Grand Avenue (US 60) from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (June 13) for installation of electronic message sign and traffic flow sensors as part of freeway technology project. DETOUR: Traffic can exit to eastbound Bell Road and use northbound Reems Road to westbound Grand Avenue to reach Loop 303.
- Southbound Loop 303 closed at Northern Parkway from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (June 14) for installation of traffic flow sensors. DETOUR: Traffic can exit to eastbound Northern Parkway and use southbound Reems Road to westbound Northern Avenue to reach Loop 303.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) on-ramp at Scottsdale Road and westbound off-ramp at 64th Street closed for approximately 60 days starting at 5 a.m. Monday (June 15) for reconstruction as part of widening project. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including westbound on-ramps at Hayden Road or 64th Street and westbound off-ramps at Scottsdale Road or 56th Street. Note: Ramps scheduled to reopen by mid-August.
- Northbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Union Hills Drive closed from 1 a.m. to noon Saturday (June 13) for roadway repairs. Union Hills Drive also closed in both directions at I-17. Southbound I-17 off-ramp at Union Hills Drive limited to right turns only. Northbound I-17 frontage road closed south of Union Hills Drive. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including Bell Road.
- Interstate 17 narrowed to one or two lanes in either direction overnight near Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Friday nights (June 14-19) for interchange reconstruction. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes including 19th Avenue between Deer Valley and Jomax roads.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!