Expect closures on at least three Valley freeways this weekend (July 17-20), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT is also providing a look ahead to a closure that starts on Monday and will last through the upcoming week.
Click here to view ADOT's Freeway Weekend Travel Advisory. This is how it reads on the site:
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Warner Road and Rio Salado Parkway from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 20) for pavement improvements including diamond grinding of the concrete surface. Northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Ray Road also closed.
- DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and expect delays. Alternate freeway routes include using westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to westbound I-10 and northbound SR 143 (Hohokam Expressway) to reach Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway). Loop 101 traffic can detour on northbound Price frontage road. Local drivers should consider using northbound Dobson Road or McClintock Drive as routes to connect with US 60. Northbound traffic can re-enter Loop 101 via Broadway Road.
- Northbound I-17 closed between Cactus and Thunderbird roads from 2 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 20) for pavement work. Northbound I-17 on-ramps at Dunlap and Peoria avenues also closed.
- DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and expect delays. Consider alternate routes including Loop 101 from East or West Valley areas to connect with I-17 beyond closure. Northbound I-17 drivers should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using northbound 19th or 35th avenues.
- Northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 20) for widening project. Westbound Loop 101 narrowed to three lanes between SR 51 and Cave Creek Road.
- DETOUR: Northbound SR 51 drivers can exit to northbound Black Mountain Boulevard and use westbound Deer Valley Road to southbound Seventh Street to reach westbound Loop 101.
- Northbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) ramp to westbound I-10 in west Phoenix closed from midnight to 4 p.m. Saturday (July 18) for construction.
- DETOUR: Northbound Loop 202 drivers should consider exiting to westbound Van Buren Street and using northbound 67th Avenue to reach westbound I-10.
- Southbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Dunlap Avenue closed from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 20) and from 9 a.m. Monday to 7 p.m. Friday (July 24) for lane striping and city of Phoenix paving project. Northbound I-17 off-ramp at Dunlap Avenue may be closed at times for local paving work. Dunlap Avenue also narrowed to one lane in both directions at times near I-17.
- DETOUR: Consider exiting southbound I-17 at Northern Avenue.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!