PHOENIX — There may be several freeway closures this weekend, January 22-25, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Schedules may change, depending on weather.
Here's ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, as it appears on the official site:
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Seventh Street and Cave Creek Road in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 25) for widening project. North- and southbound I-17 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 closed. Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at 27th and Seventh avenues also closed.
- Detour: Plan on heavy traffic and consider alternate routes. Drivers can consider using eastbound Union Hills Drive to northbound SR 51 to reach Loop 101. Drivers also can use eastbound Deer Valley Road to southbound Seventh Street, eastbound Union Hills Drive and northbound SR 51.
- All Interstate 10 ramps to eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) and southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) ramp to westbound Loop 202 in Chandler area closed overnight from 7 p.m. Saturday to 4 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 24) and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 3 a.m. Monday (Jan. 25) for SRP overhead power line installation. Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) also closed intermittently overnight between Kyrene Road and McClintock Drive. Intermittent closures, lasting up to 15 minutes each time, will start after 10 p.m. Saturday. Eastbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Kyrene Road and westbound on-ramp at McClintock Drive also closed intermittently as needed.
- Note: The Sunday night closures are scheduled on an “if necessary” basis.
- Detour: Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes including Chandler Boulevard.
- Northbound Interstate 17 left two lanes and southbound left lane closed between I-10 “Stack” interchange and McDowell Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 23) for barrier wall repairs.
- Detour: Please use caution when approaching and traveling through the work zone. Slow down and stay alert for work crews and equipment.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!