Heavy rain and strong winds led to widespread flooding across the Valley Thursday. Parts of the east Valley were hit with three to four inches of rain during the monsoon.
I promise, this is not a lake. This is a neighborhood near Rural & Southern that got pounded by rain last night. Unfortunately, this seeped into Eric Husen's home (who took this picture). We are live at his home seeing the damage - NEXT on #abc15 . pic.twitter.com/F731fvny0D
— Megan Thompson (@MeganABC15) August 10, 2018
Multiple road closures remained in place while crews and the Department of Public Safety worked to clear the roads.
East Valley road closures:
- Sossoman Road from Elliot to Warner roads
- Warner Road from Sossaman to Hawes roads
Apache Junction closures:
*These roads were previously closed due to flooding but have since reopened
- Cortez/Teepee intersection
- Lost Dutchman west of Goldfield
- 2nd Avenue east of Tomahawk
- Tomahawk between SR 88 and Lost Dutchman
- Junction east of Tomahawk
- Scenic east of Tomahawk
- Delaware at Tepee
- Medlock Drive closed between Hayden and 78th Place
- Roosevelt Street closed from Miller to Hayden roads
Queen Creek closures:
- Power Road closed at Sonoqui Wash
- Via de Jardin closed at Sonoqui Wash
- 196th Street closed south of Riggs Road
For the latest traffic conditions click here .