I got the grocery ads a day early and you can literally save half off your grocery bill if you know where to shop.
Here are my favorite bargains from every category of the food pyramid:
Let’s start with protein.
- A Safeway card gets you a free dozen of large Lucerne eggs.
- Bashas’ has USDA boneless top sirloin steak on sale for $2.87 per pound.
- Food City has bone-in pork sirloin roast or whole chicken fryers for $.87 per pound.
- Get a better price on those whole chickens at Albertsons.
- They have Sanderson Farms leg quarters or whole chickens for 57 cents per pound. That’s the best price I found this week.
- Head back to Bashas’ and get asparagus for $1.47 per pound.
- Safeway has veggies and your Thanksgiving sides on sale, including Green Giant vegetables, Cream of Chicken Soup and Mushroom, and Stove Top stuffing for 49 cents. You’ll need your digital coupon.
- Bashas’ has their Lightning Sale on Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and you’ll get Libby’s canned vegetables for 39 cents each.
There are lots of fruit deals this week!
- Albertsons has six ounces of blueberries for 97 cents
- Get six ounces of blackberries for 75 cents at Safeway.
- While you’re there, grab green seedless grapes for 67 cents per pound.
- And Food City has five avocados for $1.
Albertsons is helping you make it through your day with half off coffee, that’s everything from Starbucks to Dunkin Donuts and Maxwell house.
Also on my list of favorites, dessert!
- Bashas’ has 1.5 quarts of Breyers or Dryer's ice cream on sale for $2.49.
- Safeway has a deal on ice cream and pie: Buy two containers of Blue Bunny Ice cream for $2.50 each and get one fresh Sara Lee pie. So you’re getting ice cream and pie for five bucks.