It's hard to believe, but we are halfway through the year already! So, what's on your wish list this month of June? I'm breaking down what's best to buy and what to avoid.
According to DealNews, the best deals and items to buy this month are:
- DOUGHNUTS! June 7 is National Doughnut Day, so expect lots of freebies and discounts. I'm working on a roundup right now. If you know of a great doughnut deal, email me!
- Father's Day gifts will be discounted. Places like Lowe's and Home Depot could take between 50-to-75 percent off during this time.
- PC Games were up to 85 percent off last year, so expect something similar.
- Spring clothes
- Gym memberships and workout gear
- Air conditioner deals have the potential to be better this month right before it gets really hot.
- Semi-Annual Sales- Victoria's Secret is a popular one, and the starting date has not been revealed yet.
Many restaurants also celebrate grads and dads, so ask if there are any deals for the father figures and students in your life!
DealNews also says to avoid:
- Amazon Echo Products- you'll see better sales during Amazon prime Day. That exact date has not been released yet, but experts believe it will be in July.
- Laptops- those are better priced closer to the back-to-school season.
- Summer clothing- spring clothing is where you'll save right now.
Click here to read the full article from DealNews sharing 13 things to buy in June and three things to avoid.
STASH experts also say men's clothing will be best in the first half of June. If you've never heard of them before, it's an investing app that "offers you shopping rewards in the form of stock from stores you shop at." They've also, "found that 80 percent of Americans opt in to utilizing rewards and cash back offerings to maximize value, with 58% using their debit cards more for shopping than their credit cards (42 percent)." If you're interested in learning about how the card and banking process works, click here to explore that site.
In the meantime, here is the information sent to us:
STASH experts agree that utilizing rewards will add value to your June purchases, especially in these five categories:
- Men's clothing will be on sale for the first two weeks in June, especially men's summer apparel and activewear. Stores like Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sierra Trading Post, and similar retailers will offer savings from 30-40 percent off sports apparel, as well as similar savings on fishing, camping, hiking and golf gear.
- Power Tools, especially cordless tool kits, tool storage, and select automotive tools, get some of the lowest pricing of the year during Father's Day sales. These sales start the first week in June at all the big box retailers and bring discounts up to 50 percent off popular brands such as Craftsman, Black+Decker, DeWalt, and bargain tool brands.
- Home Improvement needs are featured sale items all month, offering home-owners 20-40 percent off items they'll need for DIY projects. Stores like Home Depot, Lowe's and Menards bring savings incentives on paints, stains, building materials, hardware, fixtures and tools needed to complete honey-do lists, with time to relax for summer fun.
- June Semi-Annual Sales offer some of the best savings of the year on a variety of summer items for women from Victoria's Secret, Saks 5th Avenue, Lane Bryant, and Bath & Body Works. Stack 40 percent off or more with shopping rewards to make these semi-annual events really pay-off.
- Early 4th of July Sales will fuel ads and inboxes the week ahead of the holiday weekend bringing timely savings on patio accessories, party needs, and decorations, outdoor toys and games, air conditioners and fans. Hitting the big box stores pre-holiday gives early Fourth shoppers prime selection on items they can utilize for celebrating our freedom!