PHOENIX — Lyft is providing free rides to cooling stations throughout Maricopa County from now until September 30 in an effort to "remove barriers for people who are struggling with heat and need a place to cool down."
The program, Wheels for All, "was designed to provide reprieve for vulnerable populations including homebound adults, elderly residents, and locals who lack air conditioning when temperatures are high," according to a press release provided by Lyft.
Using the promo code PHXCOOL19, Valley residents can receive two free rides, up to $15 each, to any of the following cooling stations:
- Church on the Street (3210 N. Grand Ave., Phoenix, 85017)
- City of Surprise - Fire Medical Station 301 (16750 N. Village Dr., East Surprise, 85378)
- Operation Big Serve - Jacob's Journey (726 E. University Dr., Mesa, 85210)
- Scottsdale Public Library (3839 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale, 85251)
- U.S. Vets - PHX/Grand Ave. (3400 NW Grand Ave., Phoenix, 85017)
- Mountain View Community Center (1104 E Grovers Ave., Phoenix, 85022)
- Perry Library (1965 E Queen Creek Road, Queen Creek, 85297)
- South Mountain Community Library (7050 S. 24th St., Phoenix, 85042)
- Litchfield Park Library (101 W. Wigwam Blvd., Litchfield Park, 85340)
- Cholla Library (10050 E. Metro Parkway, North Phoenix, 85051)
Those using the free program are advised to check opening hours for the cooling stations prior to their ride.