April's not fooling you! Here are the best things to buy and what to avoid in April!
Here are the seven things to buy in April according to DealNews:
- Spring Clothing- Many stores are preparing to showcase the summer collections. DealNews reported that last spring, sales were up to 80% off at the Gap, Wilsons Leather and Saks Off 5th. DealNews claims that this April, men's shorts will be about $3 at Walmart, and dresses and sandals will start around $6.
- Tax Day Freebies- You Smart Shopper team is working on compiling a list
- Early Mother's Day Discounts- DealNews said you can expect as high as 90% off at Nordstrom Rack and TechRabbit because both showcased those promotions in mid-April last year. DealNews also claims there will be big price drops on select designer brands at Amazon, and Mother's Day jewelry to be as low as $30 at Zales.
- Earth Day Freebies and Deals- Your Smart Shopper team is also compiling a list for the holiday on the 22nd. You can go to any national park for FREE that day.
- Clearance Easter Candy and Gifts
- Thrift Store Furniture, Appliances and Clothing- DealNews explains that you may not find the best prices, but you'll find a better selection. Click here and scroll down for the explanation.
- Select Produce- DealNews shares there will be lower prices on asparagus, avocados, beets, broccoli, mushrooms, and citrus fruits.
Here are the four things to wait on, according to DealNews:
- Mattresses, Tools and Appliances- Memorial Day falls on May 28th. Discounts skyrocketed up to 70% off around that time. There are typically more deals on tools in May. Last year, appliances like washers fell to as low as $300, and refrigerators dropped to $665, according to DealNews.
- Laptops- Back-to-school discounts happen over summer, so wait to save more.
- Gardening Tools- There are some price drops in April, but there should be more and bigger discounts in May.
- Running Shoes- DealNews revealed that Reebok and Puma's adult shoes could start in the $20 range in May.