What's the sweetest part about Halloween? All the candy, of course! But, to make sure that the sugar doesn't pull a trick on your wallet, we want to help you find the best prices for bags of candy.
We compared prices at Walmart, Target and Amazon to see where you can get the best value for your buck!
A 250-COUNT BAG OF SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, THREE MUSKETEERS AND MILK CHOCOLATE M&M'S:
- Amazon had the initial best price with a Deal of The Day at $14.99. But, we checked again and the price rose to $19.54.
- That is the same price at Walmart, $19.54.
- Target is the most expensive at $19.99.
Walmart and Amazon win this one!
A 60-COUNT OF AIRHEADS HALLOWEEN BARS CLUB BOX:
- It's most expensive at Target, priced at $9.69.
- Walmart and Amazon tie for the best prices, almost two dollars cheaper at $7.98.
If you're looking for a bigger box of this candy, you'll see a 72-count of Airheads for $10.99 at Target. But, for just a penny less, you get 18 more bars at Walmart for $10.98, making it a box of 90. That's a better deal, and a prime example of why it is so important for you to do your own comparisons.
Walmart and Amazon win again!
A 200-PIECE NESTLE ASSORTED MIX WITH LAFFY TAFFY, NERDS, BOTTLE CAPS AND SWEETARTS:
- It's most expensive at Target again, priced at $9.99.
- Amazon and Walmart have the best deal, costing you $9.94.
In the end, Amazon and Walmart seem to be neck-to-neck with the best prices.
These prices may have changed, so be sure to do your own comparisons before you buy and research the fine print that comes along with what may seem like a good deal.
We are thinking about doing a similar price comparison process for grocery stores and dollar stores. What do you think? Let us know!