Surprise Police Department is looking for volunteers for its Citizen Patrol.
Currently Surprise Police Department has 65 volunteers in its program. The volunteers range in ages and backgrounds.
Volunteers get to help out in a variety of different ways including: patrolling the streets, controlling traffic, assisting at crime scenes and issuing parking citations.
The requirements are:
- 21-years-of age
- Valid Arizona Drivers License
- Permanent Resident of Arizona
- Pass stringent background check
- No felony convictions
- Physically capable to perform assigned duties
- Available and willing to work minimum of 16 hours per month
The meeting will be Wednesday at 6 p.m. at Surprise Public Safety Auditorium, 14250 West Statler Plaza.