NewsWest Valley NewsGlendale News


FD: Boy dies after BBQ grill explosion in Glendale

BBQ Grill accident in Glendale
Posted at 8:27 PM, Feb 19, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-20 11:54:54-05

GLENDALE, AZ — A young boy has died after being burned in a BBQ grill accident near 59th Avenue and Cactus Road in late January.

Glendale firefighters said both the 12-year-old boy and his father were injured while lighting the grill at around 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 27.

They both suffered serious injuries as a result of the incident and the boy had burns over 95% of his body.

The 12-year-old later succumbed to his injuries.

The father's current condition is unknown at this time.