BUCKEYE — A construction worker was airlifted to the hospital in critical condition Thursday morning after he was electrocuted at a work site in the west Valley.
Crews were called to a self-storage facility under construction near Sundance Parkway and Yuma Road before 9:30 a.m.
A 26-year-old man was reportedly working on a scissor lift-type platform under high-voltage wires when the incident occurred.
He was left with second- and third-degree burns to 50 percent of his body, Buckeye officials say. The victim had to be airlifted to the hospital and is now in critical condition.
Yuma Road will be closed westbound at Sundance Parkway to Watson Road. It is unclear when the roads will reopen.
Stay with ABC15 for updates.