News

Actions

6 displaced after mattress catches fire in home

Posted at 7:37 AM, Dec 02, 2015

A group home in Phoenix was evacuated Wednesday morning after a mattress caught fire.

Phoenix Fire Department said the home catered to those with special needs and it is not yet known if the mattress was accidentally or intentionally set on fire.

Everyone was able to get out safely and no injuries were reported to any firefighters.

The incident happened before 5 a.m. near 67th Avenue and Camelback Road and all residents will be displaced.

No other details were available.