Three people were shot in two separate armed robberies within minutes of each other in Phoenix overnight. Police are saying there are five additional robberies that happened in June that are also very likely being committed by the three same suspects who robbed the two stores on Wednesday morning.
The first robbery on Wednesday happened near 24th Street and McDowell Road at a 7-Eleven. Just before 1:00 a.m., Phoenix police officers responded to the robbery call to find a clerk had been shot in the leg. Police say the suspects fled in a newer red, four-door sedan with light-colored trim on the lower edge of the driver's side.
Around 1:15 a.m. on Wednesday, officers were called to a Circle K near 23rd Avenue and Thomas Road. Officers say an armed man robbed the Circle K and shot a clerk and customer. The customer, according to officers, exchanged gunfire with the suspect.
Investigators on the scene say the clerk and customer suffered non-life threatening injuries. According to officers on the scene, the suspect jumped into a waiting car and sped away from the scene.
Police say five other robberies are also tied to the same group of men:
- The first suspect is described as an African American man of an unknown age.
- The second suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s who has black hair and was wearing a red bandana over his face.
- The third suspect is described as a Caucasian or Hispanic man of an unknown age.
Seven robberies are being tied to all three men:
- June 1, 9:37 p.m.: Subway (32nd Street and Thomas Road) - First suspect was armed with a machete.
- June 6, 8:16 p.m.: Exxon (32nd Street and Van Buren Street) - Second suspect was armed with a silver handgun and ziptied employees.
- June 17, 3:05 a.m.: Mobil (Indian School Road and Maryvale Parkway) - A suspect fired shots at the store clerk.
- June 20, 8:48 p.m.: Panda Express (16th Street and Glendale Avenue) - First suspect fires a shot, points the gun at an employee and then flees in a gray truck.
- June 20, 9:50 p.m.: 7-Eleven (67th Avenue and Camelback Road) - First suspect shows a weapon and points it at a store clerk.
- June 22, 12:41 a.m.: 7-Eleven (24th Street and McDowell Road) - Second suspect shoots a store clerk in the leg before fleeing in a red 4-door vehicle.
- June 22, 1:19 a.m.: Circle K (23rd Avenue and Thomas Road) - Second suspect shoots a store clerk in the arm. An armed customer inside the store shoots back, but was also struck in the leg.
Anyone with information is asked to called Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS or (480) TESTIGO. A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered.