In order to provide a safer environment for fans attending events, Arizona Athletics is instituting a new clear bag policy for all of its venues starting with the men's basketball game on Wednesday, Dec. 9.
"The NFL's been doing it for a few years now and it's something, obviously, that will be a change," said Vice President and Director of Athletics Greg Byrne. "We think that our fans will be able to adjust well to it. We tried to give them plenty of notice."
The policy limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into campus venues.
The following is a list of bags that will be accepted for entry:
- Bags that are clear plastic or vinyl and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, after being searched
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection
- Purses larger than a clutch
- Fanny packs
- Diaper bags
- Cinch bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Long golf umbrellas
- Cooler bags
- Computer bags
- Camera bags
- Non-approved seat cushions including large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Any bag larger than the permissible size, unless credentialed personnel carrying such belonging have been thoroughly searched