PHOENIX — This weekend, the Arizona Department of Transportation has a handful of lane restrictions and full closures to keep in mind as you make your Saturday and Sunday plans.
Some of these improvements across the Valley include repaving the roadway, adding traffic flow sensors that will alert officials to a wrong-way driver, and freeway widening projects.
Here is the full list from ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory (https://azdot.gov/projects/other-restrictions-and-weekend-travel-advisory/weekend-freeway-travel-advisory)
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) narrowed to one lane between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and Kyrene Road in Chandler from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 9) for pavement improvements. Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) ramp to westbound Loop 202 closed. Westbound Loop 202 on-ramp at McClintock Drive and off-ramp at Kyrene Road closed.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway). Please allow extra travel time, stay alert and use caution in all work zones.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) narrowed to two lanes between Chandler Boulevard and Frye Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 9) for widening project. Southbound Loop 101 off-ramp at Price Road closed.
- DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zone.
- Note: Additional Loop 101 lane restrictions and ramp closures between US 60 and Loop 202 are planned at times over the weekend.
- Chandler Boulevard closed in both directions at Loop 101 (Price Freeway) from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (March 7-8) for widening project.
- DETOUR: Chandler Boulevard traffic can detour via Price frontage roads to nearby cross streets. Consider alternate routes including Ray Road.
- Northbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) ramp to eastbound Interstate 10 in west Phoenix closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 9) for barrier work.
- DETOUR: The northbound Loop 202 HOV lane ramp to eastbound I-10 will be open and available for all traffic.
- Note: Eastbound I-10 right two lanes closed between 63rd and 55th avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (March 7). Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at 67th Avenue closed. Eastbound I-10 ramp to southbound Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway will remain open.
- Southbound Loop 303 closed between Waddell and Cactus roads from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (March 7) for installation of traffic flow sensors as part of freeway technology project.
- DETOUR: Traffic can exit to eastbound Waddell Road and use southbound Reems Road to westbound Cactus Road to reach Loop 303.
- Southbound Loop 303 closed between Bell and Greenway roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (March 8) for traffic flow sensor installation.
- DETOUR: Traffic can exit to eastbound Bell Road and use southbound Reems Road to westbound Greenway Road to reach Loop 303.
- Westbound I-10 off-ramp at 67th Avenue closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 9) for landscaping. Westbound I-10 frontage/access road also closed between 51st and 67th avenues for construction.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include westbound I-10 off-ramp at 75th Avenue.