There will be several closures and lane restrictions this weekend for parts of Interstate 10, Loop-202 South Mountain, State Route 51 and more, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed at 75th Avenue in west Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 12) for work on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 91st, 83rd and 79th avenues also closed. 75th Avenue closed in both directions at I-10. Expect heavy traffic and delays. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at 75th Avenue. Alternate routes include northbound and eastbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley. Consider exiting eastbound I-10 ahead of the closure and using McDowell Road or Van Buren Street as local detour routes.
- 67th Avenue closed in both directions at I-10 in west Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 12) for work on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 off-ramp and westbound on-ramp at 67th Avenue also closed. DETOUR: Drivers traveling north on 67th Avenue can enter eastbound I-10 by using the eastbound frontage road.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) interim lanes between 40th Street and I-10 in the Ahwatukee area closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 14) for paving. Both eastbound Loop 202 ramps to I-10 south of Chandler Boulevard also closed. DETOUR: Alternate routes include using 24th or 40th streets to Chandler Boulevard to reach I-10.
- Southbound State Route 51 off-ramp at Northern Avenue closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 12) for barrier wall repairs. DETOUR: Alternate routes include exiting southbound SR 51 to westbound Glendale Avenue and using northbound 16th Street to reach Northern Avenue.
- Pinnacle Peak Road narrowed to one lane overnight at Interstate 17 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Tuesday nights (Oct. 13-15) for interchange reconstruction project. DETOUR: Flag crews will direct traffic through the area one direction at a time. Consider alternate routes, including Happy Valley or Deer Valley roads. Note: The southbound I-17 off-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road is closed until Nov. 17 for reconstruction work. Consider exiting southbound I-17 at Jomax Road and using the southbound frontage road to westbound Happy Valley Road and southbound 35th Avenue to reach Pinnacle Peak Road.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) narrowed to two lanes overnight between Warner and Ray roads in Chandler from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 12) to set concrete barrier for ramp reconstruction. DETOUR: Slow down and merge safely through work zone. Note: The southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Warner Road and southbound off-ramp at Ray Road are closed until Nov. 26 for reconstruction work. Consider using Elliot or Ray roads to enter southbound Loop 101 and Warner Road and Chandler Boulevard to exit the freeway.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!