Three freeways will have closures this weekend due to improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. There will also be lane restrictions on other Valley freeways.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between US 60 (Superstition Freeway) and Warner Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 11) for diamond grinding to smooth pavement. Both US 60 ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed. DETOUR: Southbound Loop 101 traffic can exit at Southern Avenue and use southbound Price frontage road. Alternate routes include southbound McClintock Drive or Dobson Road.
- Southbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) closed between Interstate 10 and Lower Buckeye Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 11) for rubberized asphalt paving. All I-10 ramps to southbound Loop 202 closed. DETOUR: Alternate routes include eastbound I-10 in Phoenix. Consider using southbound 51st or 67th avenues to Lower Buckeye Road to reach southbound Loop 202.
- Southbound Loop 303 closed at El Mirage Road from 9 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (May 9) for installation of traffic flow sensors as part of freeway technology project. DETOUR: Traffic can use southbound El Mirage Road to westbound Bell Road to reach southbound Loop 303.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes between Dysart Road and Avondale Boulevard from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 11) for rubberized asphalt paving. Westbound I-10 narrowed to three lanes between Avondale Boulevard and Dysart Road from 7 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 11) for resurfacing. Plan for closures of on- and off-ramps between Dysart Road and Avondale Boulevard. DETOUR: Plan ahead to detour to other nearby on- or off-ramps. Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes between Cave Creek Road and State Route 51 from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 11) for widening project. Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Cave Creek Road closed. Hayden Road also closed in both directions at Loop 101 (alternate routes include Scottsdale Road). DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and use caution in work zone. Note: Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Seventh Street closed until mid-July starting at 8 p.m. Sunday (May 10) for reconstruction.
- Interstate 17 narrowed to one or two lanes in either direction overnight near Pinnacle Peak Road from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (May 10-14) for interchange reconstruction. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time. Alternate routes include 19th Avenue.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend. Also, Happy Mother's Day!