PHOENIX — Several freeways will experience closures for improvement projects this weekend (May 1-4), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Loop 101, Loop 202 South Mountain, I-17, Grand Avenue (US-60), and Loop 303 are among the freeways impacted.
Check out ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between US 60 (Superstition Freeway) and Ray Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 4) for widening project. Both US 60 ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed. DETOUR: Southbound Loop 101 traffic can exit at Southern Avenue and use southbound Price frontage road. Alternate routes include southbound McClintock Drive or Dobson Road.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Scottsdale and Hayden roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Saturday (May 2) for widening project. Westbound Loop 101 closed between Pima and Scottsdale roads from 2 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 4). DETOUR: Alternate routes include Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard. Note: Tatum Boulevard closed in both directions at Loop 101 from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 4) for bridge work. Alternate routes include Cave Creek Road via Union Hills Drive or Deer Valley Road. Tatum Boulevard also scheduled to be closed overnight at Loop 101 from 8 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday (May 5).
- Northbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) closed between Lower Buckeye Road and I-10 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 4) for rubberized asphalt pavin. All northbound Loop 202 ramps to I-10 closed. DETOUR: Consider using northbound 51st or 67th avenues to reach I-10.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) narrowed to one lane (HOV lane) between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and Kyrene Road from 3 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 4) for lane striping. Southbound Loop 101 ramp to westbound Loop 202 closed. Westbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Price Road and McClintock Drive plus westbound off-ramp at Kyrene Road closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including northbound Loop 101 to westbound US 60. Westbound Chandler Boulevard or Ray Road are local alternate routes.
- Interstate 17 closed in both directions overnight at Happy Valley Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (May 2) for bridge work. Happy Valley Road will remain open at I-17. DETOUR: Freeway traffic will detour along off- and on-ramps at Happy Valley Road. Consider alternate routes including 19th Avenue. Note: I-17 narrowed to one or two lanes in either direction overnight near Pinnacle Peak Road from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 4).
- Grand Avenue (US 60) closed in both directions between 91st Avenue and Dysart Road from 11 p.m. Saturday to 4 p.m. Sunday (May 3) for application of asphalt sealant. Some cross streets in area will remain open at Grand Avenue. DETOUR: Plan ahead to use alternate routes, including Bell Road, 99th Avenue or Dysart Road.
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed at Seventh Avenue (south of downtown) from 10 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Sunday (May 3) for bridge improvement project. Southbound I-17 on-ramps at Grant Street, 19th Avenue and Seventh Avenue closed. DETOUR: Consider using eastbound I-10 through downtown Phoenix area. Southbound I-17 traffic exiting at Seventh Avenue can detour along frontage road and re-enter I-17 at Seventh Street.
- Northbound Interstate 17 closed between I-17 “Split” interchange near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Seventh Avenue from 3 a.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 4) for bridge improvement project. DETOUR: Traffic can detour on westbound I-10 through downtown Phoenix area. Note: Following this weekend’s work I-17 will be narrowed to two lanes in each direction near Central Avenue for the I-17 bridge project scheduled for completion in fall 2021. Alternate routes include I-10 as well as Buckeye Road.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes between Dysart Road and Avondale Boulevard from 8 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Sunday (May 3) for rubberized asphalt paving. Westbound HOV lane closed at times. Westbound I-10 narrowed to two lanes between Avondale Boulevard and Dysart Road from 7 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 4) for paving. Westbound on-ramp at Avondale Boulevard and off-ramp at Dysart Road closed. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed overnight between Cave Creek Road and Seventh Street from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (May 2) for widening project. DETOUR: Traffic will detour along frontage road. Note: Westbound Loop 101 off-ramp at Seventh Street closed until early July starting at 8 p.m. Sunday (May 3) for reconstruction.
- Northbound Loop 303 closed between Greenway and Bell roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (May 3) for installation of traffic flow sensors as part of freeway technology project. DETOUR: Traffic can exit to eastbound Greenway Road and use northbound Reems Road and westbound Bell Road to reach Loop 303. Note: Southbound Loop 303 on-ramp at Happy Valley Parkway closed from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (May 2).
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!