In the market for a new car that's safe, reliable, and gets good gas mileage, but don’t want to spend a fortune? It might seem impossible, but it can happen.
As an automotive resource, AAA Car Buying experts have identified six cars that offer great features and mileage while saving you some green:
- Fiat 500C – This Italian-style car is filled with appealing attributes like cool colors, playful-looking interior, sharp-looking alloy wheels and comfortable bucket seats. Plus, it gets up to 31 miles per gallon in the city. Prices start at$15,095, including incentives for the hardtop version, and $18,095 for the 500C convertible, including incentives.
- Volkswagen Beetle – The upgraded style pays homage to the iconic Beetle of the past, but with modern features and excellent performance. And if you love all things technology, you’ll enjoy the features on the Beetle, which include Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, maps, messaging and music that show up on your touchscreen for easy display and use. It has a base price of $19,795, and is rated at 28 MPG in the city.
- Honda Civic Coupe – This top-rated compact car has a quiet, premium interior, excellent engine performance and all-new daring looks. The turbocharged engine and the technology-rich interior are loaded with standard safety features for a starting price of $19,050. Fuel economy is rated at 31 MPG in the city, and it received the highest possible 2016 Top Safety Pick + by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Jeep Renegade – If you want stylish fun both on and off-road, it's hard to overlook the fun-loving Renegade. You’ll get an excellent crossover utility vehicle without sacrificing looks, quality, features and room, starting at $17,995. The Renegade four-wheel drive option offers the classic feel of the Jeep, and its trail rating means there is no place you can't go.
- Hyundai Elantra – The 2017 Elantra offers excellent new looks, a stylish, high-quality interior that's as roomy as a mid-size sedan, all for a base price of $17,150. This vehicle has advanced styling, an incredibly quiet interior, superb road handling manners, and it offers technology compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto applications. It comes available with exceptional safety features including seven airbags, automatic emergency braking, pedestrian detection, lane departure warning, blind spot detection and rear cross-traffic alert.
- MINI Cooper – The fun-to-drive MINI comes with advanced safety features such as automatic pre-collision braking, a rearview camera and parking sensors. It has been awarded the 2016 Top Safety Pick + by the IIHS. Pricing for the MINI starts a bit higher at $20,200 with a current incentive. Best yet, it has the highest resale percentage of any used car in its class.
As an automotive resource, AAA’s Car Buying service can help you handle the entire car buying process at a AAA office or through a select network of dealerships.
For more automotive tips, reviews and information, visit http://highroads.az.aaa.com/.