It’s summer in Arizona, and many of us flee the triple-digit heat by traveling to cooler climates for fun vacations. We sometimes take for granted our state is home to some of the finest and most exclusive resorts in the world. But did you know many of Arizona’s most beautiful AAA-rated Five and Four Diamond resorts steeply discount their room rates and offerings for the summer?
This year, round out your summer plans with a great staycation — or two — and enjoy the activities and amenities of luxury properties you previously might not have thought you could afford. Whether you’re looking for a romantic weekend getaway with a special someone, or if you’d like to have some fun with the kids, here are seven reasons to stay at AAA Five and Four Diamond resorts.
- Reduced rates. Some resorts reduce the cost of their per-night stay by hundreds of dollars off peak-season room rates, and offer special weekend packages and resort credits that can save you money on other resort amenities like room upgrades, spa and salon services, dinners, and gift shop credits.
- Pools, waterslides, and lazy rivers. If you’re looking for the peace and quiet of adult-only pools or if you’d prefer family friendly swimming pools, you’ll have your pick. Several properties offer poolside cabana and daybed rentals, waterfalls, lazy river-style pools, waterslide features, “flowboarding,” dive-in movies, and more. There’s something for everyone.
- Cuisine to suit the taste of any palate. From kids’ meals and poolside grill stations to fine dining options, you can find some of the best fare at Arizona resorts.
- Activities for the littles. Keep the kids busy day and night. Some resorts offer organized day camps and fun activities, such as arts and crafts, lawn chess, basketball, game tables, water balloon games, hula hoop contests, limbo, and relay races.
- Casinos and entertainment. You can spend time playing slot machines, poker, and table games at casino resorts, and enjoy live entertainment and Vegas-style shows at many Diamond Rated resorts throughout the summer.
- Spa, salon, and wellness. Enjoy the serenity of beautiful surroundings and relax and unwind with salon services, rejuvenating massages, facials, saunas, and steam rooms that are sure to help you recharge.
- AAA quality. Travelers have come to rely on AAA’s highly trained professional inspectors and the Diamond Rating System to ensure properties and restaurants meet high quality standards, so you know you’re in for an extra special staycation!
For a complete list of Four and Five Diamond properties across the state, visit AAA.com/Diamonds.