PHOENIX – October is not just for Halloween, it’s also for a serious disease – breast cancer. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and around the Valley, there are ways to give back, find support and more.
Here is a list of some local events:
- Fashionably Pink Survivor & Celebrity Runway Show 2019 on October 3rd at Talking Stick Resort at 5:30 p.m. with a fashion show during Phoenix Fashion Week that benefits a local breast cancer charity.
- Whiskey Row will have a ‘Pink Drink’ on October 3rd.
- Pop It For Pink on October 5th at Life Time Fitness at 6850 East Chauncey Lane in Phoenix at 1 p.m. For 2 hours you can try a bunch of different workout classes that will benefit Impact One Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Pink Out 5k at Steele Indian School Park with Check For A Lump at 9 a.m.
- 2019 Cancer Survivors Celebration Breakfast with free pancakes, vendors, demos, screenings and more on October 12th at 8 a.m. at Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers in Scottsdale to celebrate the brave and strong survivors.
- All haircuts at Ulta will benefit breast cancer research on October 13 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at all stores. Haircut & styles start at $20.
- AZ 6th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Puerto Rican Festival taking place at Murphy Park in Glendale on October 19th.
Here are some local places with deals to support organizations:
- Rudy’s Bar-B-Que
- Dave & Busters
- Carioca Oil
- & more
Here are some organizations where you can donate:
Also, it’s a great time to get checked. There are a variety of places conducting mammograms all month including at the Arizona State Fair, Scottsdale City Hall, and more. Check For A Lump has a great list you can find HERE!