NewsLocal NewsWater Cooler


Snake house catches fire in Phoenix, prompts a reptile rescue

Posted at 8:01 AM, May 22, 2019
and last updated 2019-05-23 12:40:27-04

PHOENIX – Phoenix firefighters were in for a slithery surprise when they responded to a house fire in Laveen, AZ. What they thought was a vacant house was actually crawling with hundreds of snakes on top of lizards, cats, dogs and more. 

The house was located on 67th Avenue and Baseline Road. The firefighters did their best to save all of the creatures from the burning building. Luckily, no firefighters were harmed in the rescuing of the snakes. A spokeswoman with the Phoenix Herpetological Sanctuary said all of the snakes were not poisonous and they are being cared for. 

The owners of the house are reportedly new to the neighborhood. 

A Phoenix fire station Instagram shared some photos and videos of the incident.