PHOENIX – The month of October is all about getting the spooks and haunts. This time you can get it while having a meal because there are a few haunted restaurants right here in Arizona.
Here is a list of haunted restaurants:
- Casey Moore’s Oyster House in Tempe, Ariz. – All the paranormal stuff happens after closing, but you can actually visit to find out.
- According to their website, “It’s no secret in and around Tempe, that “Our House” has a mysterious history. In the wee hours of the morning, passers-by have seen a woman dressed in “turn of the century” clothing dancing in our upstairs dining room. Articles disappear and suddenly show up in odd places. Neck ties are “tugged” and objects become weightless However, strange this may seem to some, the spirits that linger in this old establishment are “family” to us here at Casey’s.”
- Four Peaks Brewery Company in Tempe, Ariz. – The brewery is hosting haunted brewery tours this year but apparently there are noises that can be heard around the place and brewery materials often disappear.
- “After doing some research on the history of 8th Street, we learned that our building has seen its share of tragedy, from train wrecks just outside the building to actual deaths within it. We gathered all these spooky tales (as well as our own employees’ ghost stories) for a series of special, late-night tours through 8th Street. Join us for one—if you dare.” Four Peaks said on their Eventbrite ticket page.
- The brewery tours are from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays & Wednesday this month for $20 which comes with a pitcher of their signature Pumpkin Porter and a T-shirt
- Old Spaghetti Factory on Central in Phoenix – Before it became the Old Spaghetti Factory, the building used to be an apartment complex where a man and woman were killed in separate instances. People have heard screaming and have even gotten the chills. OSF will be hosting some Murder Mystery Dinner Shows.
- From now until Nov. 21. You can get your tickets here but the October dates are already sold out!
- Nobuo at Teeter House at Heritage Square in Phoenix – Eliza Teeter lived there in the early 1900s and eventually died in the house before it became Nobuo. So of course, she is still there haunting it with whispers, moving items, and more.
- Orpheum Theatre in Downtown Phoenix – There is a ghost that has been spotted by staff at the Orpheum theatre known as Mattie.
- On Oct. 25- 28 you can take a Ghost Tour of the theatre to discover who the ghost is and what they want.
- Get tickets here.
- Pizza Hut in Glendale – Yes, Pizza Hut. You can hear children laughing and babies crying while the place is empty. Only thing is, there is nothing to explain their presence.
- Hotel San Carlos located at Central in Phoenix – A man and woman both jumped to their deaths on separate occasions. Their spirits still linger at the hotel.
- Chandler High School – The spirits are located on the 2nd floor of the North Wing of the school. There have been sightings of ghosts and even the sound of voices.
Obviously these aren’t the only places, but it puts into perspective the fact there no where is safe from spirits!