Ready to get to work? Here are 8 Valley companies that are ready to hire!
1. JCPenny is looking to hire 530 seasonal associates in Phoenix on October 15. A variety of positions are available from customer service to cashiers and even SEPHORA beauty consultants. They’re hosting a national hiring event Tuesday, October 15 from 2-8PM. During the event, management will be holding in-person interviews and making employment offers to qualified candidates on-the-spot. All skill levels are welcome and individuals are encouraged to apply online here or in-store at an applicant kiosk prior to the event.
2. Additionally, as JCPenney salon locations across the nation continue to grow, the second annual Salon by InStyle stylist hiring day will take place from 1-4 p.m. on October 21 at the Paradise Valley Mall JCPenney (4510 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032). A free educational class for interested stylists will take place as the salon seeks talented individuals to staff the cutting-edge salon. JCPenney’s premier commission plan allows experienced incoming stylists to set their own prices. Highly experienced stylists can also take advantage of leading commission rates, no booth rental fees and flexible scheduling. As always, JCPenney salon stylists enjoy perks including paid professional training worth up to $2,000, health benefits for full-time stylists, paid time off and 401K eligibility.
3. Spear Education is hiring talented professionals for their expanding team in North Scottsdale. As the largest dental education company in the world, you will have plenty of space for career development while experiencing amazing job perks. Explore their award-winning company culture and apply for open positions here.
4. USAA is looking to hire for several open positions in North Phoenix. USAA is an award-winning, veteran committed company that will give you more than just a career. Learn more about what USAA Culture looks like and search open positions here.
5. Voya Financial is having an Open House with on the spot interviews for their Financial Services Advocate role on October 23 from 4pm-7pm. Did you know Voya Financial is a certified Great Place To Work? Their amazing culture and benefits (that kick in day one of employment) are just the start of all this company has to offer you. RSVP to the Open House by emailing CCCArizona@voya.com and bring an updated resume for your onsite interview! To learn more about the Financial Services Advocate role click here.
6. The Phoenix Zoo is hiring right now for their busiest season, including shifts during ZooLights. They’re looking for Guest Service and Experience Ambassadors who are the front line staff for the Zoo. Responsibilities include selling admission tickets, selling memberships, validating tickets, stroller and wheelchair rentals, helping school groups, and providing general Zoo information. This exciting role also includes selling admission tickets and operation of retail experiences including: Carousel, Camel rides, Stingray Bay, 4-D Theater sales, Safari Cruiser, Polar Slide and other seasonal experiences as needed. If you are looking for a job in a fun, beautiful, exciting and WILD atmosphere, this is the job for you! Get all the information and apply online here.
7. Coast to Coast Career Fairs is holding hiring event FREE to job seekers on Monday, October 14. Meet face to face with top employers hiring for Sales, Customer Service, Retail, Financial Services, Management, I.T., Government positions and more! This will be a great opportunity to meet local, regional, and Fortune 500 Companies with immediate job openings in the Valley. The event is open to executive level experienced professionals as well as entry level and recent college graduates. This is your chance to meet directly with hiring managers! Make sure to register so that companies can review your resume prior to attending the career fair. Register in advance here.
8. The Census Bureau is hiring THOUSANDS of people across the country to help out with the 2020 Census. Decennial census data is used to determine your representation in Congress, as well as how funds are spent for roads, schools, hospitals, and more. They have a wide range of positions from census takers to recruiting assistants, office staff and even supervisors. Apply online here.