Some big names in music will be hitting the stage on Oscar Sunday, including Elton John, Randy Newman, Idina Menzel.
“We’re excited to have an incredible group of nominees and performers who will deliver one-of-a-kind music moments you will only see on the Oscars,” said show producers Lynette Howell Taylor and Stephanie Allain.
Each of the performers is nominated for Original Song of the Year:
- "I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away" from Toy Story 4, performed/music/lyrics by Oscar winner Randy Newman
- "(I'm Gonna) Love Me Again" from Rocketman, performed/music by Oscar winner, Elton John, and lyrics by Bernie Taupin
- "I'm Standing With You" from Breaththrough, performed by Chrissy Metz, music/lyrics by Diane Warren
- "Into The Unknown" from Frozen II, performed by Idina Menzel and Aurora, music/lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
- "Stand Up" from Harriet, performed by Cynthia Erivo, music/lyrics by Joshuah Brian Campbell and Cynthia Erivo
The Oscars also announced recently that Billie Eilish will have a "special performance" during the broadcast. What she will be performing is unknown, but it was recently unveiled that she has been tapped to sing the title track in the upcoming James Bond movie, No Time To Die.
Eilish swept the Grammy Awards in January winning awards for record, album, song, and new artist of the year.
Catch all of the action when the 92nd Academy Awards ceremony kick off at 6 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9 on ABC15.