Cafe Monarch in Scottsdale has been named one of the top fine-dining restaurants in the United States, according to a new ranking from TripAdvisor.
The Scottsdale family-owned restaurant was ranked third in the website's 2018 Travelers' Choice Awards. New York's Gabriel Kreuther and Restaurant Daniel claimed spots one and two, respectively.
TripAdvisor said the listing was compiled using "an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for restaurants around the world, gathered over a 12-month period."
Cafe Monarch provides guests a four-course pre-fixe meal in a charming setting. In 2017, the restaurant moved across the street to a larger building, which has more tables, an outdoor patio with a fireplace, and a bar at the entrance. See photos of the new space.
Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants
1. Gabriel Kreuther [tripadvisor.com] – New York City, New York
2. Daniel [tripadvisor.com] – New York City, New York
3. Café Monarch [tripadvisor.com] – Scottsdale, Arizona
4. Circa 1886 [tripadvisor.com] – Charleston, South Carolina
5. Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar [tripadvisor.com] – Memphis, Tennessee
6. Halls Chophouse [tripadvisor.com] – Charleston, South Carolina
7. GW Fins [tripadvisor.com] – New Orleans, Louisiana
8. Charleston Grill [tripadvisor.com] – Charleston, South Carolina
9. Lahaina Grill [tripadvisor.com] – Maui, Hawaii
10. Geronimo [tripadvisor.com] – Santa Fe, New Mexico
Its former venue has been turned into a private events space, called "Candelas."
National rankings are hardly new for Cafe Monarch. They've been listed on OpenTable's "100 Best Restaurants in America" every year since 2015.
Earlier this year, they were listed on OpenTable's 100 best "Al Fresco" restaurants in America, alongside El Chorro, Gertrude's at Desert Botanical Garden, LON's at Hermosa Inn, Mariposa, Olive and Ivy, TONTO Bar and Grill at Rancho Manana, and Wildflower.
They also were named to OpenTable's "most romantic" restaurants.