Whether you’ve had a long day at work or a great day in need of celebrating, there is something rewarding about happy hour at the local watering hole.
It seems that happy hours still carry with them the stigma that they're only available during the workweek – but that's not true at all!
More and more bars and restaurants are extending their happy hours into the weekend (and rightfully so).
We decided to take a look around the Valley to see who had weekend bar deals. It turns out, there are a lot!
With this list, we tried to pick places that didn’t just offer everyday bar food. We tried to spice it up a bit. There are a lot more bars than what is listed here. So, if you see one we missed, let us – and everyone else – know about it in the comments! Scroll down to check out our list (in no particular order).
La Bocca Urban Pizzeria + Wine Bar
LA BOCCA URBAN KITCHEN + WINE BAR
La Bocca’s menu features Mediterranean and Italian dishes, such as pizzas, bruschetta, salads and pastas. Happy hour is available every day from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and all day on Sundays. They have discounts on draft beer, well drinks, wine and margaritas.
La Bocca is part of the Mill Avenue Management Group, which also operates The Handlebar and Modern Margarita. Both of which also offer happy hour from 3 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. every day and all day on Sunday.
IF YOU GO:
Phoenix: 5415 E. High Street, Phoenix AZ 85054
Tempe: 699 S. Mill Avenue, Tempe AZ 85281
Chandler: 1 E. Boston Street, Chandler AZ 85225 (coming late August)
Copper Blues Live
COPPER BLUES LIVE
Happy hour at Copper Blues is simple and easy to follow, but the food quality is top-notch. It is every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. On average, you will save $2 to $3 on many of their apps, including pretzel sticks with a white cheddar beer sauce, filet bites, and pork belly tacos. You’ll save on beer, too.
IF YOU GO:
50 W. Jefferson Street, Phoenix AZ 85003
The Brickyard is a new restaurant to downtown Chandler. It offers craft cocktails and food. Happy hour is every day from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. They offer seven food options (from pork belly skewers to Pork “Bahn Mi” Tacos and Shishito Peppers) and seven classic drinks for $7 each.
IF YOU GO:
85 W. Boston Street, Chandler AZ 85225
Zipps Sports Grill
ZIPPS SPORTS GRILL
At Zipps, happy hour is technically only during the week. On Saturdays and Sundays, they refer to it as “Weekend Hangover”. From 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Zipps offers specials on draft beer, pitchers, burgers, and pizzas.
IF YOU GO:
Zipps has 12 locations throughout the Valley: Ahwatukee, Phoenix, Chandler, Scottsdale and Gilbert.
The Gladly is a concept brought to you by the people behind Citizen Public House. Happy Hour is every day from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. They have drink specials and a “cocktail of the day,” but it is the menu that is worth taking a look at – Smoked chicken wings; sausage, pretzel & cheese, and pistachio chicken liver plate.
IF YOU GO:
2201 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85016
Firecracker Shrimp, Keegan's Grill
Keegan’s is a neighborhood restaurant that has an American menu. The options are vast, with simple home-cooked items like burgers, firecracker shrimp, potato skins, and salads. Happy hour is all day on Saturday and Sunday (bar and patio only).
IF YOU GO:
Ahwatukee: 4723 E. Ray Road, Phoenix AZ 85044
Phoenix: 3114 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85016
Chandler: 1095 W. Queen Creek Road, Chandler AZ 85248
SECOND STORY LIQUOR BAR
Second Story Liquor Bar is a cocktail lounge seated above The Gelato Spot in Scottsdale. Here you'll enjoy hand-crafted cocktails in an upscale environment with black tuft seats, wood floors, and an outdoor patio. Happy Hour is from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. every day. Menu items change daily, but could include flatbread, a buffalo burger, and Miso Crackerjax, among other items.
IF YOU GO:
4166 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale AZ 85251
Postino WineCafe has established itself as a comfortable and trendy dining destination in the Valley. It is also a great place for happy hour with easy-to-remember specials. Every day they offer $5 glasses of wine and beer pitchers (woo!).
IF YOU GO:
Seven Valley locations, including Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Gilbert
OTHER PLACES TO CHECK OUT:
- ARROWHEAD GRILL: Every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Food and drink specials, including $2 off house cocktails. Food specials include filet sliders, crab cake sliders, pretzel bread fondue.
- CUFF: Every day from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. Specials on craft beer, discounts on signature cocktails. Food items range from $5, $7 or $9.
- HEROES PUB & GRILL: Every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Specials on drafts, well drinks, house wine and appetizers (pizza, wings, pickle chips, jalapeno coins).
- THE ROGUE TOMATO: Every day between 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Specials on beer, cocktails and cask wines. Food items include shrimp tacos, Bruschetta, calamari, Rogue fries.
- CAFÉ BOA: Every day from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Discounts on draft beer and signature cocktails. Food items include country olives, Sicilian street corn and seared skirt steak.
- RULA BULA IRISH PUB: Every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Drink and food specials.
- FEZ: Every day from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. to close. Two dollars off appetizers and drinks (including signature margaritas).
- BLISS REBAR: This is an all day (and night) happy hour, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- SWITCH: Happy hour 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. They offer discounts on special cocktails.
- DISTRICT AMERICAN KITCHEN AND WINE BAR: Saturday 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. to close. Select microbrews are $3; wine is $5 and food varies from $4 to $5.
- OTRO CAFE: Every day from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 1130 THE RESTAURANT: Every day from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Discounts on wines, draft beers and appetizers.
- BECKETT’S TABLE: Social hour is from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. On Sundays, independently produced Arizona wine bottles are 50 percent off.
- THE WHINING PIG: Every day between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Discounts on wines by the glass and craft beer.
- SUSHI BROKERS: Every day from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Discounts on bottled bombers, wines by the glass and specialty drinks. Discounts also on appetizers and rolls.
- STINGRAY SUSHI: Every day from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. All day on Sunday. Discounts on maki, apps, specialty drinks and sake bombers
- THE MARKET RESTAURANT + BAR: Each day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. No Happy Hour on Sunday as brunch is served until 3 p.m.
- WINDSOR: Five dollar cocktails, wine and pitchers of beer until 5 p.m. every day.
- ST. FRANCIS: Every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Specialty cocktails, wine and sangria for $5.
- TACO GUILD: Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 2 p.m. to close. Drink specials and daily taco special for $1.99 (3 p.m. to 7 pm. only).
- CRUDO: Saturday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Three dollar beer, $5 wine, $7 cocktails, $5 small bites.
- DICK’S HIDEAWAY: Daily 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., 9 p.m. to close. $4 wine, well drinks and margaritas. Small plates for $6.
- THE LOST LEAF: Daily from open to 7 p.m. One dollar off everything.
- EVO SCOTTSDALE: Every day from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. How do $3 Parmesan Truffle Fries sound or daily Bruschetta for $5? Beer is $3, well liquor is $4 and wine is $5.
- REHAB BURGER THEORY: Every day from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- CRAFT 64: Every day from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Save a dollar on local beers. Wine is $6 and small plates are $8 (personal pizza, Charcuterie plate, olive bowl, etc.)
- WASTED GRAIN: Wed. thru Sunday, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Five dollar draft beer, well drinks, house wine and food (bacon popcorn, cheeseburger sliders, pretzel sticks).
- BRAT HAUS: From 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Discounts on beer, wine, cocktails and food.
- SIP COFFEE AND BEER HOUSE: Every day from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- BINK’S KITCHEN + BAR SCOTTSDALE: Every day from 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Half off wine, beer and well drinks.
- RA SUSHI: Saturday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. to close. Sunday from 3 p.m. to close. Discounts on sushi, food and drinks.