The bartenders don ugly Christmas sweaters. Multi-colored lights have been wrapped around the poles. Icicles and snowflakes are suspended from the ceiling. And the drinks are served in festive mugs and glasses.
Through Dec. 30, 2018, Blue Hound Kitchen and Cocktails has been rebranded to "Miracle at Blue Hound," a Christmas-themed pop-up cocktail bar with festive cocktail names and dishes.
Watch the video in the player above for an inside look.
It is the first "Miracle" cocktail bar in Phoenix, and the second in Arizona. Elvira's in Tucson is also hosting a Christmas pop-up.
In 2014, the first "Miracle" Christmas pop-up opened in 2014 in New York City. The concept expanded to four more bars in 2016. Today, there are more than 70 locations in 33 states with others in Canada, England, Mexico and New Zealand, according to the website.
Each bar features its own unique decorations and "kitschy" cocktails.
At Blue Hound, they have 12 holiday-themed cocktails. They include:
- Snowball Old Fashioned: Butterscotch rye, spice Demerara, Wormwood bitters, and orange zest.
- Bad Santa: Hot milk punch with Barbados Rum, Trinidad Overproof Rum, Batavia Arrack, pineapple juice, lemon juice, almond milk, eight spices, coconut water and coconut oil.
- Koala-La La La, La La La La: Gin, pine, dry vermouth, lime, eucalyptus syrup and orange bitters.
- Gingerbread Flip: Bourbon, gingerbread syrup, Elemakule Tiki Bitters, whole egg and nutmeg.
They've also curated a festive food menu to go along with the drinks.
- Gobble Gobble: Confit turkey leg standing upright, vinegar Black cherries and sweet potato puree
- Santa's Treats: Mini cookies, cereal milk and chocolate bark
- Oh My Gourd: Battered delicata squash shaped by doughnuts
The pop-up bar will be open through Dec. 30, 2018. Blue Hound is located within the Kimpton Hotel's Palomar Hotel Phoenix in downtown Phoenix, walking distance from CityScape's ice skating rink.
IF YOU GO:
Miracle at Blue Hound
2 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85004