PHOENIX — The tournaments are almost ready to begin again at Medieval Times in Arizona. The popular dinner-theater has announced that it will resume its knightly jousting tournaments at its Scottsdale-area castle on Thursday, August 6, 2020.
Shows are currently scheduled for Wednesday - Sunday in August, and performance times vary depending on the date, according to Medieval Times' website. The available dates and times appear to change slightly in September, October, and November. You can view the calendar, here.
Medieval Times closed all of its venues in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic and has started to reopen some over the last few weeks. Its Arizona castle was set to reopen in early July, but the opening was quickly delayed after the state saw an increase in coronavirus cases and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey re-implemented some restrictions, limiting events and activities.
Because Medieval Times is located within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, it falls under the Tribe's jurisdiction, not the state's. However, the Tribe has implemented its own requirements and encouraged businesses to follow guidance from the Arizona Department of Health Services.
As nearly every business that has reopened has done, Medieval Times, too, has had to make some adjustments to encourage social distancing during the COVID-19 era. Here is what you need to know.
- All guests six years and older will be required to wear a mask inside the venue and undergo a contactless temperature screening. If anyone's temperature is above 100.4, the group will be asked to reschedule their visit.
- The venue's 1,000-seat arena will be reduced to 50% and groups will be separated by at least six feet
- Guests will walk on sanitation mats to clean their shoes.
- High-touch areas will be cleaned multiple times throughout the show
- Digital menus can be accessed via smartphones
Cast members are also not signing autographs, according to the website.
The show itself is a 2 1/2 performance with jousting knights, horsemanship, and falconry, as well as a four-course dinner. Admission is $36-$46 per person.
Visit www.medievaltimes.com to purchase tickets and for more information.
IF YOU GO
Medieval Times - Scottsdale
9051 East Via de Ventura
Scottsdale AZ 85258