PHOENIX — Guy Fieri -- ahem, Mr. Flavortown -- has seemingly partnered with restaurants across the country to open "Guy Fieri's Flavortown Kitchen," a pop-up delivery-only restaurant concept.
And there are three locations in the Phoenix area to try out the menu.
According to the restaurant's website, "Guy Fieri's Flavortown Kitchen" will operate out of three Buca di Beppo restaurants in Chandler, Peoria, and Scottsdale. The menu features a variety of shareable appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes, and sides, such as mac and cheese, fries, and fried pickles.
A few highlights:
- S-M-Cheesesteak Egg Rolls: shaved ribeye, SMC (super melty cheese), provolone & sriracha ketchup
- Jalapeno Big Poppers: Bacon-wrapped, fire-roasted jalapeños, stuffed with andouille, pimento cream cheese, glazed in Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ sauce
- Bacon Mac N' Cheese Burger: Burger Bash 80/20 ground beef, SMC (super melty cheese), mac n cheese, bacon, LTOP, crispy onions, Donkey sauce, garlic buttered brioche
- The Crazy Cuban Sandwich: Smoked pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, Donkey sauce, pressed hoagie, crispy potato sticks
- Chicken Parm-eroni: Breaded airline chicken breast, fresh mozzarella, provolone, pepperoni red sauce, crispy pepperoni hay, parmesan & spaghetti
If you're craving dessert, there are two options: New York cheesecake topped with potato chips, pretzels, and fudge sauce, and Chocolate Whiskey Cake, Whiskey crème anglaise, salted whiskey caramel sauce, and crumbled toffee bar.
It's unclear how long the restaurant concept will be up and running at each location.
To order, visit https://guysflavortownkitchen.com. The three locations are Buca Di Beppo in Chandler, 7111 West Ray Road; Peoria, 16091 North Arrowhead Fountains Center Drive; and Scottsdale, 3828 North Scottsdale Road.
Fieri is no stranger to Arizona. He has featured more than 30 restaurants on his hit TV show, "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives," and had a few local chefs on his game show, "Guy's Grocery Games."
We even put together a list of all the restaurants in Arizona that Guy has featured on his show. You can see that, here. (A few of the restaurants have closed since they were featured on the show. In light of COVID-19, make sure to check each restaurant's website for updates on hours, locations, and menu offerings).
Ghost kitchens, sometimes known as virtual kitchens or takeout/delivery-only restaurants, existed prior to COVID-19, but have grown in popularity throughout the pandemic.
They're a way for chefs and restaurants to launch a new concept with a new menu using the same kitchen staff, equipment, and in some cases, without having to add a lot of new ingredients.
Ling and Louie's Asian Bar & Grill launched Ghost Street Asian Taqueria to serve Asian-style street tacos.
Los Sombreros opened Carnitas Way to focus on burritos and bowls.
Sam Fox, the founder of Fox Restaurant Concepts, opened Fly Bye To Go, a Detroit-style pizza restaurant, at Culinary Dropout in Central Phoenix and a takeout-version of Flower Child at Culinary Dropout in Tempe.
Kitchen United Mix opened in Scottsdale and is home to White Castle, Grimaldi's, Giving Tree Cafe Express, Mr. Mesquite, and Baja Fresh.
Tempe Food Court recently opened in Tempe and is home to dozens of restaurants serving hot chicken, fried chicken, Asian cuisine, sandwiches, burgers, and pizza.