The Arizona Diamondbacks will host their first playoff game in six years on Wednesday.
The Wild Card matchup, against the Colorado Rockies, sold out right away when tickets were released.
Because of that, the D-backs are planning ahead and want you to do the same. Plenty of pre-game festivities will be happening, so the team urges everyone to arrive earlier than normal and enjoy the atmosphere of playoff baseball.
What you need to know:
- Game Seven Grill opens at 11 a.m. for lunch Wednesday
- Street festival along 4th St and Jackson begins at 3 p.m. with a beer garden, live music from “Rock Lobster” and postseason merchandise available for purchase
- Gates to Chase field open at 3:00 p.m.
- The first 45,000 fans in the ballpark will receive a D-backs Rally Towel, courtesy of Cox Communications, Fry’s Food Stores and PetSmart.
- The Draft Room inside Chase will have live music at 4 p.m. from Mark Zubia of “The Pistoleros”
- Ceremonial first pitch by quarterback Kurt Warner
- National anthem by Jesse McGuire
- First pitch is expected at 5:08 p.m.