Four Arizona breweries took home awards at the 2018 World Beer Cup competition on Thursday in Nashville, Tennessee.
- O.H.S.O. Brewery: The brewery took home bronze in the "American-style amber lager" category for its 89Ale.
- McFate Brewing Co: The Scottsdale brewery's Hatch Chile Gatos won gold in the "chili beer" category.
- Saddle Mountain Brewing Co: The Goodyear brewery won silver in the "Scottish-style ale" category for its Taildragger Clan-Destine.
- Four Peaks Brewing: The Tempe brewery was awarded bronze for its Four Peaks Golden Lager in the "other international-style lager" category.
The Brewers Association, which puts on the biennial event, said 295 judges tasted 8,234 beers of 101 different styles for the competition. A total of 2,515 breweries competed for 303 awards. The awarded were announced at the Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America.
Past Arizona winners:
- SanTan Brewing Co. won silver for its Mr. Pineapple
- Four Peaks Brewing won gold for its Kiltlifter
- Lumberyard Brewing won bronze for its Knotty Pine Pale Ale
- Lumberyard Brewing's Lumberyard Red and Knotty Pine Pale Ale both took silver in 2014.
- Four Peaks Brewing's Scottsdale-style Ale, Kiltlifter, won bronze.
- Four Peaks Brewing's Sunbru was awarded gold; it's 8th Street Ale won bronze, and Hop Knot won gold.