ANTHEM, AZ — Arizona's tallest fresh-cut Christmas tree was delivered to its holiday home north of the Valley Thursday morning.
This is the 19th year for the festive display which is set up at Outlets at Anthem, located just off Interstate 17 at Anthem Way.
The tree -- a towering 70-foot tall, 20-foot wide, and four-ton white fir -- was brought from the Oregon-California border to Outlets at Anthem around 6:30 a.m. on Nov. 5.
After two weeks of decorating, it will be topped with a copper star and adorned with more than 1.5 miles of LED lights, and 5,000 ornaments and bows.
The tree's placement kicks off the holiday season at the shopping center, which has several events planned in November and December. Those events include:
- Moonlight Madness Shopping Event: Starting at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving evening and running 24 consecutive hours. Shoppers will have access to the deepest discounts of the year.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree: Nov. 19–Dec. 23
- Santa’s Cottage: Opens Nov. 20, 4–8 p.m., then through Dec. 24 from 11 a.m.–7 p.m. daily
- Santa Paws: Photos of your beloved pet with Santa Dec. 7 and 8, from 5–7 p.m.
- Breakfast with Santa: Scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 5, from 8:30–10 a.m. Tickets are $5 and include a delicious breakfast and fun with the jolly man himself.
Outlets at Anthem says all events and experiences may be adjusted to keep customers and staff safe amid the pandemic.