PHOENIX — Those craving funnel cakes, turkey legs, and deep-fried Oreos from the Arizona State Fair have an additional weekend to head down to the fairgrounds.
Citing the demand from last weekend, where some people reported waiting hours in line, fair officials announced this week that the drive-thru event would open Thursday - Sunday, Oct. 1-4, adding Thursday to the schedule, as well as Thursday - Sunday, Oct. 8-11, 2020, adding a third weekend to the event.
The event will also start an hour earlier on Saturdays and Sundays.
On Thursdays and Fridays, the event will run from noon to 9 p.m., and from 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, according to Brianda Martinez, marketing assistant at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
However, last weekend the fairgrounds had to close the event at 7 p.m. each day, two hours earlier than listed, because of demand.
If you are on McDowell waiting to turn onto 19th ave, you are most likely not going to make it to our gate by 7pm. We are opening next week. Please stay tuned as we might open an extra day in order to satisfy your tastebuds! ❤️🎡— Arizona State Fair (@azstatefair) September 28, 2020
ABC15 has also learned that officials are considering changing the event's layout to help with the hours-long wait times and to help with the flow of traffic.
The event features nine vendors offering popular fair food, including pizza, turkey legs, funnel cakes, Indian fry bread, and deep-fried Oreos and cookie dough.
Here is the updated menu and driving map for @azstatefair's drive-thru fair event this weekend and next weekend. Hours: noon to 9 p.m.— Josh Frigerio, ABC15 (@JoshFrigerio) September 25, 2020
Indian Fry Bread pic.twitter.com/ETOjFBAHeI
Here is the menu and pricing:
- Dutchmen's Funnel Cakes: powdered sugar funnel cake, Oreo funnel cake, churro, lemonade; $4-$14
- Enzo's Pizzeria: pepperoni pizza slice, cheese pizza slice, whole pizzas, wings, cannolis; $4-$30
- Fried A Fair: deep-fried Oreo, cookie dough, Snickers, Twinkie, cheesecake, Nutella; $6-$8
- Kettle Corn: caramel, rainbow, regular, $8-$12
- Mustard's Café: Jumbo corn dog, loaded fries, loaded nachos, bacon-wrapped corn dog; $5-$9
- Sweet Dreams: cotton candy bucket, caramel and candy apples, shaved ice, slushies; $5-$10
- Totally Baked Cookie Joint: bucket of cookies, Big Skillet, ice cream sandwich, Lil Dippers, frozen lemonade; $5-$20
- Teepee Village Frybread: Indian Taco, bean and cheese, bean, chili, and cheese, sugar and honey; $8-$13
- The Ranch: BBQ tri-tip sandwich, smoked turkey leg, pork chop on a stick, fries; $12-$14
Visit https://azstatefair.com/drivethrufairfood for more information.