The Prescott National Forest is waiving fees in celebration of National Public Lands Day on September 22.
Below is the official press release from the Prescott National Forest:
Prescott National Forest Waives Fee’s for National Public Lands Day
Prescott, AZ (September 12, 2018) – In celebration of National Public Lands Day and to encourage a shared sense of land stewardship, the Forest Service announces another “fee free day” on Saturday, September 22.
National Public Lands Day began in 1994 with three sites and 700 volunteers. It proved to be a huge success and became a yearly tradition, typically held on the last Saturday in September. Since the first NPLD, the event has grown by leaps and bounds.
As part of this nationwide event fees will be waived at the following sites on the Prescott NF:
- Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore and Lynx Creek Ruin
- Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa and Metate
- Thumb Butte Recreation Area
- Groom Creek Nature Trail
- Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
- Mingus Day Use
- Mingus Lake Day Use
- Hayfield Draw OHV Recreation Area