Be prepared for weekend closures along I-10, Loop 101 and Loop 202 Red Mountain, According to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
If you're planning to go to the Arizona Cardinals game against the Detroit Lions on Sunday, some of the construction cones and zones will be cleared before then. Though, you may want to consider the following alternate routes to avoid delays.
This is the information provided by ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between 35th and 67th avenues in west Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 8) for work on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange.
- Both Interstate 17 ramps to westbound I-10 at the “Stack” interchange and the westbound I-10 on-ramp at 27th Avenue closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include I-17 to westbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley to connect with westbound I-10. Local alternate routes include westbound McDowell Road and Van Buren Street. Closure is scheduled to end by 7 a.m. Sunday to help with traffic before the Arizona Cardinals-Detroit Lions game (1:25 p.m. kickoff).
- Note: Through travelers on westbound I-10 in the Tucson/Casa Grande region who don’t require a stop in the Phoenix area can avoid this I-10 closure by detouring on westbound I-8 in Casa Grande and using northbound SR 85 to reach I-10 in the Buckeye area.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Scottsdale Road and 56th Street in northeast Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 9) for freeway widening project.
- Westbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Hayden Road also closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including exiting northbound Loop 101 to westbound Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard/Bell Road and using northbound Tatum Boulevard to reach Loop 101. Westbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at Scottsdale Road can detour to westbound Pinnacle Peak Road or Bell Road and use Tatum Boulevard to access Loop 101. Note: Arizona Cardinals fans who normally use westbound Loop 101 toward Glendale should consider alternate routes to avoid this closure on Sunday.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Loop 101 in Tempe and Higley Road in Mesa from 12:01 a.m. Saturday to 12:01 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 8) for pavement maintenance. Both Loop 101 ramps to eastbound Loop 202 closed.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway). Local traffic can detour on eastbound McKellips Road.
- Note: Crews will reopen sections of eastbound Loop 202 ahead of schedule as the fog sealing work progresses.
- Eastbound/southbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Higley Road and US 60 (Superstition Freeway) in Mesa from 12:01 a.m. Sunday to 12:01 a.m. Monday (Sept. 9) for pavement maintenance.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include eastbound US 60. Local traffic also can detour on eastbound McKellips Road and southbound Power Road. Note: Crews will reopen sections of eastbound Loop 202 ahead of schedule as the fog sealing work progresses.
- Southbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane between Daisy Mountain Drive and Pioneer Road in north Phoenix from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday (Sept. 7-8) for resurfacing.
- Southbound I-17 on-ramp at Daisy Mountain Drive and southbound off-ramp at Pioneer Road closed.
- DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching and traveling through the work zone.
- Chandler Boulevard closed in both directions at Loop 101 (Price Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 9) for bridge work as part of freeway widening project. Northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Chandler Boulevard closed. Consider alternate routes, including Ray or Frye roads. Traffic on Chandler Boulevard can detour on Price frontage roads to reach nearby open cross streets.
- Northbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane overnight between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 9) for bridge work.
- DETOUR: Allow extra travel time. Consider alternate routes, including northbound 19th Avenue, while the I-17 restriction is in place.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!