I-17 is scheduled to shut down once again this weekend, as crews continue to add a new layer of rubberized asphalt to the freeway.
The Arizona Department of Transportation says drivers should consider alternate routes to avoid heavier traffic due to the freeway closure.
Here is ADOT’s list of planned freeway restrictions this weekend (May 12-15):
- Northbound Interstate 17 will be closed between Glendale and Dunlap avenues from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday (May 15) for rubberized asphalt paving. Consider alternate routes, including northbound State Route 51. Northern and Dunlap avenues both narrowed to one direction in each direction at I-17, with no left turns allowed. Consider other streets for east-west travel, including Bethany Home Road or Peoria Avenue. The southbound HOV lane will be closed between Dunlap and Northern avenues. DETOUR: Northbound I-17 traffic exiting at Glendale Avenue can detour along frontage road or use 19th or 27th avenues. Consider alternate routes due to anticipated heavy traffic.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) ramp to eastbound Interstate 10 in West Valley will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday (May 15) for bridge work. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes to limit delays. Drivers can exit southbound Loop 101 to eastbound McDowell Road and use southbound 91st Avenue to access eastbound I-10.
- Southbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Seventh Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. until 6 p.m. Saturday (May 13) for the city of Phoenix waterline project. DETOUR: Consider using other nearby southbound exits, including Durango Street/19th Avenue or Seventh Street.
- Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to three lanes overnight between 67th and 79th avenues from 8 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Saturday (May 13) for temporary barrier-wall installation. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zone.
- Interstate 10 off-ramps (both directions) at 43rd Avenue will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday until 9 p.m. Sunday (May 14) for traffic-signal maintenance. 43rd Avenue will also be closed in both directions between McDowell Road and Van Buren Street (no I-10 access). DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including the I-10 off-ramps at 35th or 51st avenues.
- US 60 (Superstition Freeway) left lanes will be closed in both directions between Rural Road and Loop 101 (Price Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday until 8 a.m. Saturday (May 13) for median wall repairs. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching and traveling through work zone.