Drivers will see some ramp closures and restrictions on Valley freeways this weekend, for improvement projects.
The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends drivers allow extra travel time, use caution and consider alternate routes while the following restrictions are in place:
- Interstate 10 on- and off-ramps at University Drive/32nd Street near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 25) for bridge work and paving. University Drive/32nd Street also closed in the area between Wood and Elwood streets. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, which include using the I-10 on- or off-ramps at 40th Street, to access local businesses.
- Northbound Interstate 17 narrowed to two lanes between Van Buren Street and Grand Avenue (near I-10 “Stack” interchange) from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday (July 23) for barrier-wall repair. Southbound I-17 left lane also closed in same area. DETOUR: Please use caution and watch for highway workers and equipment. Allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching work zone.
- Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 in Goodyear closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 25) for construction. DETOUR: Access northbound Loop 303 by exiting westbound I-10 at Sarival Avenue and using westbound McDowell Road to northbound Cotton Lane to reach northbound on-ramp at Thomas Road.
- US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed for short durations (up to 15 minutes each time) near Hardy Drive (east of I-10 interchange) from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Sunday (July 24) for Cox Communications overhead-line installation. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and use caution when traffic is slowing or stopped by DPS troopers.
- Grand Avenue (US 60) access to westbound Thunderbird Road closed from 6 a.m. Saturday to 5 p.m. Sunday (July 24) for Southwest Gas utility work. DETOUR: Grand Avenue traffic will detour to Primrose Street or Greenway Road.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) on-ramp at McQueen Road closed for one week from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Friday (July 29) for guardrail construction. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including using the eastbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Cooper Road.